The Love The Love

hey thats pretty good

Quite simple, but not boring, the melody and beat flow nicely, very peacefuly. I only wish it had some soft female vocal pieces mixed in :)

Mixing-wise it is perfect, at least for my noob-producer ears

B4R responds:

Thank for review Stanley! Glad you enjoyed the beat, i'm slowly upgrading my arsenal so vocals is not far off here haha anyways thanks brother!!

Light Rail Light Rail

R4R

You should take more time to create melodies/harmonies, e.g. in 1:30 the instruments just doesn´t sound good together, also overall arrangement does´t make much sense to me

It seems to me that it takes too long for the main drums to come

Most of the instruments still sound very simple, even for "8-bit/videogame" standard

2:11 and 1:16 things are too loud imo

I kinda liked the intro and ending

2.5/5

Zechnition responds:

Yes, I see that some of the piano parts just don't fit together, sort of like two separate songs at once. Fixing that along with some more minor changes that you suggested. Thanks! =D

Chai Tea Chai Tea

I really like musicality of this piece, it kinda reminds me carefree days of playing good old video games.. melody is so peaceful and flows nicely, all instruments join in harmony, really well done.

Technical side of the track is OK I guess, everything is clear, nothing hurts my ears :)

Random-storykeeper responds:

Thank you. :)

Pursuit Pursuit

Musical aspect

i would add more percussion elements, at least some snare, kick-only gets boring very quickly

the song kinda has that pursuit mood, but work more on your melodies - they are not totally bad, but I feel like you could create better harmony when more instruments play together

Technical aspect

that "lead" (starts at 0:26) is way louder than other instruments, these high pitch sounds kinda hurt ears, especially around 1:10

instruments on they own sound OK, pretty 8-bit-ish, but you need to mix them better.

2.5 rated 3 on left panel

Zechnition responds:

Ok, thanks for your review! I'll use it to make my song better.
=D

EDIT:
Redid the drum track and it sounds so much better! =D

Waiting for War Waiting for War

R4R

- musical aspect is OKish, beat makes sense and together with that riff creates that "gettin ready" feeling

-teh guitar-thing... imo it could be like octave higher, or could use boost in higher frequencies

- drums sound super "raw", could use more processing for sure, at least reverb on hats or something

-0:10; 0:17,.. thats like that remote car locking sound :) Don´t know it was made intentionally, anyway it doesn´t fit much

3.5 rated 4 on left panel, because it´s monday

IndustryStandard responds:

It's funny you should say the guitar could be an octave higher, because i actually used an octave pedal to add an octave lower. I'll mess around with the idea but i think that might just be a subjective thing.

I kind of like the raw sound on the drums, but i didn't play around with it much so I'll definitely see what i can do with some reverb on there, thanks for the suggestion.

That sound is actually my fingers slipping on the guitar strings, I never noticed it before but it does sound like a car locking haha. I might rerecord the riff, or I'll just leave it in there. maybe just cut it out of the track in the mix file. We'll see

Thanks for the advice!

Invasion Invasion

Soo.. pretty depresive. I imagine WW2, dark, rainy day - Im looking out of window of my house while soldiers and tanks are passing by. And all I can do is watch.

Melody flows nicely, from calm to dramatic and back, I really like that dynamics

Sound is OKish, guess I heard some better pianos

4/5

Your First Cover (Undertale Cover) Your First Cover (Undertale Cover)

So you want a review of 21 seconds long cover right? Just... why? Theres nothing to rate.

Melody is like... nice but it isnt yours, right..

Sound quality is poor

I would recomend to you to study music theory and production basics and after like a month of trying and experimenting, publish your own song with your own melody and everything.

Anyway I dont want you to discourage in making music, it just takes some time before you start to make listenable things.

CamRaNG responds:

Yeah, I gotta work on some stuff..

Restless Jester Wants To Pester Restless Jester Wants To Pester

So a few my letters

Composition is nice, the song changes constantly, it is quite fun to listen

Unsoulved endings are unsolved, I dont like them, but whatever :)

IMHO fighting music sounds bit more dramatic than this, I imagined exploring a landscape or a city at some parts more that a heat of battle

dat 1:42 sub lol.. sounds like some medieval hip-hop/trap/whatever in that part, but I like it.

Technical quality/mixing more or less flawless, all instruments sound pretty clear

4.5, rated 5

ZipZipper responds:

I'm glad you disagree but still like it lol

[Tsets] - In Deep Water [Tsets] - In Deep Water

I like intro and outro, pretty calm, nice to listen, but the part between them is like... meh

Chords that start at 0:44 sound just weird + they play over and over again = my ears do not approve

Some of the hats are too loud

Also some parts of beat, e.g. 1:17 are like... too random? Call it experimental, but I call it random. It doesnt make any sense to me.

2:57 - thats some weird cut... feels like it stopped in middle of progression

I like that muted piano sound, vocals and pluck, these have that "deep water" feeling

Dunno... I never was into experimental stuff

TsetsukenMusic responds:

Thank you for the review!

I actually really like that sound but I can see the repetition being somewhat of a problem, could add a little more dynamic into it.
Oh the dnb like beat on 1:17? Are talking about the hats being random or the transition to a different type of beat? Could be something for me to look into.

2:57 that is actually done by rapidly slowing the tempo down low and pulling it back up to produce the rounded echo effect at the end. Might be why you felt it stopped in progression. I think in order to fix that I could extend that progression and build it back down.

Most of what I used was from Sylenth1, it's really good I love it.

Even though you say you aren't into experimental the review is still greatly appreciated! Something I like isn't always what someone else likes, but something such as hats being loud and whatnot that's something I can use to make this that much better!

Thank you!